Skip to form

City of Grand Junction
Urban Forestry Office


City of Grand Junction Parks and Recreation

Tree Planting Request

All Grand Junction property owners interested in becoming city tree stewards can request that the City plant new street trees in the right-of-way adjacent to their property. 

By completing this form, property owners are committing to the long-term watering of street trees to ensure the good health of the trees. The City of Grand Junction provides pruning and removal maintenance services for street trees.

Please note that this program is only available to properties within the city limits of Grand Junction, and there must be an automatic underground irrigation system in place to qualify for the program.

The City is only able to plant trees adjacent to private property when there is adequate space within the right-of-way (which varies greatly across the City). If you’re not sure whether or not there is public space next to your property please contact the Urban Forestry Office at or (970) 254-3849 for more information.

Right-of-Way Diagram

Full Name

An automatic watering system is required for planting city-owned trees. Does the planting area have an automated watering system?

Property Owner Signature

Choose how to sign